- Cooking spray
- ½ cup tart cherry juice (or cranberry juice)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup dried cherries
- Preheat to 325°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and spray the paper lightly with cooking spray.
- Whisk juice, honey, oil, and brown sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in the cinnamon, vanilla, and salt.
- Mix oats, flaxseed, almonds, and cherries in a large bowl. Stir in the juice mixture and toss to coat. Spread the granola evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the granola for 15 minutes, stirring once or twice. Continue baking until lightly browned and fragrant, stirring frequently, about 15 minutes more. Let cool completely. Store granola in airtight container.