This Coconut Granola is my favorite homemade granola recipe ever! It’s toasty, sweet, and has an amazing crunchy texture thanks to the honey and the coconut oil. It’s a quick and easy healthy snack!
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats (use gluten-free oats, if desired)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
- ⅓ cup pepitas
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, coconut, almonds, pepitas, flax, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, whisk together the coconut oil, honey, brown sugar, and vanilla bean paste/extract. Whisk until the coconut oil is melted and the mixture is combined. Remove from heat and then pour over the dry ingredients. Toss well to combine.
- Spread the mixture out on the prepared baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 25-35 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool the granola completely and then store in an airtight container. The granola will keep at room temperature for two weeks.
To make this vegan, sub out the honey for maple syrup. To ensure that this is gluten free, make sure that you are using gluten-free oats. Not all oats are certified to be gluten free!
- Category: breakfast
Keywords: healthy coconut granola, coconut almond granola, homemade coconut granola, healthy granola recipe