- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- Juice of 2 limes
- 4 oz white tequila
- 2 oz orange liqueur (Triple Sec or Grand Marnier)
- Additional limes, for garnish
- Additional cilantro, for garnish
- Salt and sugar, for rimming the glasses
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook until the sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add in the cilantro. Allow the cilantro to steep in the simple syrup until it is cooled to room temperature. Strain out the cilantro and discard.
- Transfer the cilantro-infused syrup to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to two weeks.
For Two Margaritas:
- In a shaker filled with ice, add 2 oz of the cilantro syrup, the lime juice, tequila, and orange liqueur. Shake vigorously for several seconds to thoroughly mix and chill the ingredients.
- Run a lime wedge around the edges of two glasses and then dip the edges of the glasses into a shallow dish filled with an equal mix of coarse salt and fine sugar.
- Fill the glasses with ice and pour in the margarita mixture. Garnish each glass with a lime wedge and additional cilantro leaves. Serve immediately.