- 3 cups old-fashioned oats (use gluten-free oats, if desired)
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut (I like this one)
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup brewed coffee (or cold brew coffee)
- 2 tablespoons honey (or maple syrup)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, coconut, almonds, espresso powder, flaxseed, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, whisk together the coconut oil, coffee, honey, brown sugar, and vanilla bean paste/extract. Whisk until the coconut oil is melted and the mixture is well combined. Remove from heat and then pour over the dry ingredients. Carefully toss well to evenly coat the dry ingredients in the coffee mixture.
- Spread the mixture out on the prepared baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 25-35 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool the granola completely and then store in an airtight container.