- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or finely minced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2–3 teaspoons hot sauce (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1½ cups Heluva Good Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- 10 oz jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 bunch of scallions, chopped
- Pita chips, crackers, toasted baguette, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly spray a 2-qt baking/casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese, sour cream/yogurt, lemon juice and zest, grated garlic, soy sauce, hot sauce, and toasted sesame oil. Season the mixture with a little salt and pepper, taste, and then adjust as necessary.
- Stir in 1 cup of the grated cheese. Gently fold in the crab meat and half of the scallions and mix until just combined – you don’t want to break up the crab meat too much.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and top with the remaining ½ cup of grated cheese. Transfer to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the dip is gooey and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with the remaining scallions. Serve the dip warm with desired dippers.