- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1½ cups baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 12 slices prosciutto
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 large eggs
- ¼ cup half-and-half
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and spray a 12-cup muffin tin liberally with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the spinach to a food processor and pulse until it is finely chopped. Add the olive oil and pulse again until the mixture resembles the consistency of pesto.
- Scoop the spinach pesto into a medium mixing bowl. Whisk in the whole grain mustard and horseradish (adjusting the amounts to your taste).
- Place 1 slice of prosciutto in each muffin cup, arranging it so that it covers the bottom and sides well.
- Add roughly 1 tablespoon of the cheese to each muffin cup, and then add roughly 1 tablespoon of the spinach mixture.
- Crack an egg into each one and drizzle each with a splash of half-and-half. Season with a little pepper (you don’t really need salt in this recipe, as the prosciutto, cheese, and mustard are all plenty salty on their own).
- Place the muffin tin in the oven and bake for 15-17 minutes or until the egg whites are set and the prosciutto is crispy around the edges.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before removing the egg cups from the muffin tin. Serve hot and garnished with the chopped chives.