- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2½ cups store-bought lemonade
- ½ cup light rum (optional)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Fresh berries and mint leaves, for garnish
- In a small saucepan, combine the water and sugar over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add the mint leaves and remove from the heat. Allow the mint to steep in the syrup until it has cooled completely to room temperature. Strain out the mint leaves and discard.
- In a large measuring cup or a mixing bowl with a pour spout, whisk together the mint syrup, lemonade, and lime juice (and rum, if you are using it).
- Fill each popsicle mold with a few berries and mint leaves. Pour the lemonade mixture into each mold and insert a popsicle stick into each one.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours. Run barely warm water over the mold to easily remove the popsicles. Serve frozen.