Everything Deviled Eggs with Scallion-Dill Cream Cheese are the perfect addition to your holiday appetizer table! They stand up as an ideal brunch, lunch, snack, or dinner option. They taste like the perfect bagel, minus the bagel.
- 12 eggs
- ⅓ cup mayo
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon white vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon “everything” bagel spice (or more, to taste), plus additional for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
To Hard Boil the Eggs:
- Place the eggs in a shallow, wide pot and cover with enough water that the eggs are submerged by an inch of water.
- Bring it to a boil and then let it simmer for 1 minute. Turn off the heat and cover the pot. Allow the eggs to sit in the hot water for 15 minutes.
- Drain the eggs and then submerge them in a bowl of very cold water (I even add some ice cubes – this makes them easy to peel) for about 20-30 minutes.
- Drain and peel the eggs, discarding the shells.
To Make the Deviled Eggs:
- Halve the eggs lengthwise and add the yolks to a food processor. Arrange the whites, cut side up, on a serving platter.
- To the food processor, add the mayo, cream cheese, mustard, vinegar, scallions, dill, and “everything” seasoning. Process until the mixture is smooth, creamy, and fluffy, scraping down the sides of the food processor bowl once or twice.
- Taste and add more seasoning, as needed.
- Spoon the filling into a piping bag (or a resealable plastic bag with the corner snipped) and pipe the filling into the halved egg whites (you can also spoon it in, but piping it in is so much easier and mess free!).
- Garnish with additional “everything” seasoning” and sprigs of fresh dill. Chill until you are ready to serve.
- You can use store-bought “everything” seasoning – no need to make your own. Trader Joe’s has a great one!
- These can be made and assembled up to three days ahead and stored in the fridge. If making in advance, I recommend garnishing just before you are ready to serve.
- Category: appetizers
Keywords: deviled eggs, deviled eggs recipes, everything bagel spice, everything bagel deviled eggs, scallion dill cream cheese, easy appetizers, brunch recipes