These Greek Avocado & Egg Toasts are an ideal way to jumpstart your day! A vamped up version of the trend-turned-classic avocado toast. Fresh, bright, briny Greek salad tops off a perfectly poached egg sitting atop buttery avocado toast. Healthy and hearty, just the way mornings should start!
- 4 eggs
- 4 pieces crusty sourdough or multigrain bread
- 2 ripe avocados, sliced or mashed
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup thinly sliced cucumbers (I like the baby seedless ones)
- ¼ cup diced kalamata olives
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- A drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Dried oregano, to taste
- First, cook your eggs and toast your bread. I like to do poached eggs here, but any variety you prefer will work!
- While your eggs and bread are cooking, prep your avocado by slicing or mashing it for the toast.
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, feta cheese, vinegar, and a drizzle of the olive oil. Toss well to combine. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper, to taste (you won’t need much salt – both the cheese and olives are plenty salty!). Sprinkle in a little dried oregano and toss again.
- Top the toasted bread with the avocado. Top the avocado with a few tablespoons of the tomato salad. Top with the eggs and some more of the tomato salad.
- Serve immediately.
- Category: breakfast
Keywords: egg and avocado toast, Greek avocado and egg toast, avocado toast, Greek recipes, Greek salad, healthy breakfast ideas, healthy breakfasts