Hi, Friends! How are we in March already? Look at that little stud up there. He is getting SO grown up.
The biggest question, though, is HOW IS FINN GOING TO BE ONE TOMORROW?!?!?! *cue all the crying emojis*
This past year was definitely the fastest of my life, and it makes my heart ache to know that the years to come will probably fly by in record speed. To think that this time last year, I was almost a week overdue, waddling around in tears all day long, praying that Finn would make his debut as soon as possible…and now he’s turning ONE. It’s crazy. I’m trying every single day to savor these fleeting moments with my kids.
This poor little baby has been sick with croup and a bad cold this past week. Not a great way to end his first year, but at least he’s finally starting to feel like his old self. We’re having a 1st birthday party for him this weekend and I’ve got a mile-long to-do list. In the meantime, I’ll tell you about some of the stuff we’ve loved this past month.
- Back in December, I finally invested in some Stasher Bags. I was hesitant about the hype, especially given how pricey they are, but I am loving them! I’m always trying to think of ways to decrease our waste and better the environment, and while we already try to reduce our plastic bag use as much as possible, these bags have been a game changer. I love them for snacks on the go for the kids (I almost always have one full of Cheerios in my diaper bag), storing cheese and sliced fruit/veggies in the fridge, and for keeping things fresh in general. I accidentally had a bag of chips rip open and couldn’t reseal the bag easily, so I popped the uneaten chips in a Stasher bag and they stayed fresh for days! I am a converted woman.
- I talked in one of my recent faves posts about an amazing red lipstick (it’s currently sold out on Sephora) I discovered for the holidays, and I decided to get the coordinating lip liner as well. I love it! I think finding the right red lip is tricky, and my search is finally over!
- I have been using the dpHue apple cider vinegar hair rinse for years now – it feels so good on the scalp and sometimes I use it in lieu of shampoo altogether. I recently tried out the scalp scrub and I LOVE it. It feels so great. I have VERY thick hair, and getting scrubs to reach my scalp can be tricky, and this one works great. My hair has so much shine after using the dpHue products.
- In early February, Dan and I did a detox for a few days. Nothing crazy – just trying to eat solely plant-based meals for a few days to take a break from sugar, meat, dairy, etc. One of the key parts of the detox was giving your body a break from caffeine. This was, by far, the hardest part for me. Mama loves her coffee. When we were back to normal, I eased my way back into coffee, and this Yogi passionfruit matcha was my drink of choice. Not only did it give me a small caffeine boost, but it actually tasted great. I don’t think green tea always tastes good, but this one does! I will continue to buy this for my occasional post-lunch slump in the afternoons.
- Speaking of coffee, the Nespresso Alto pods are my favorite. I like both the Intenso and Dulce pods. I love that they make a BIG cup of coffee! That was always my beef with Nespresso – the normal pods only brew like 6 oz of coffee! I like a large cup of coffee in the mornings, and I always had to brew two pods. Not anymore!
- We had SO many new TV things this past month that we loved. We blew through The Witcher, Hunters (OMG SO GOOD), You (both seasons), and Fleabag (obsessed – it’s such a perfect balance of hilarious and heart-wrenching). We loved ALL of these shows so, so much. I’m currently watching Cheer on Netflix and loving it. I desperately want to be friends with Jerry. I haven’t kept up with A Million Little Things since it came back, but I have them all saved on my DVR. It’s one of those shows that I absolutely love, but I have to gear myself up to watch it because it’s so emotional. I have to be in the right headspace for all those feelings, haha.
- I was targeted on both Facebook and Instagram for this product, and I fell sucker to it. But! It was a good thing. Max, our almost-90-pounder pup, has a way of collecting insane amounts of mud in his paws every. single. time. he goes outside. It’s exhausting. Our poor floors! So! I bought this paw cleaner thing and it has made a big difference. The only problem? Max doesn’t love it, so it can be kind of a battle to get him to cooperate. It does a great job cleaning his paws, though!
- Finn has a long curly locks of baby hair, and I refuse to cut his hair. As a result, his hair requires the same sort of care that a little girl’s hair needs. Meaning, Kieran’s hair is so short that he doesn’t need conditioner in his hair nor does he ever get knots/tangles. Finn, on the other hand, needs both conditioner and leave-in conditioner after every single hair wash. I am loving this conditioner (smells like heaven) and this leave-in one. They’re gentle enough and don’t cover up his baby smell, and they work great on the tangles in his hair.
- I am loving these Halo microfleece sleep sacks for Finn right now. Because he can’t sleep with a blanket yet, we layer him up at night, and these sleep sacks keep him so cozy and give me peace of mind at night that he’s warm enough. I buy them big so he has lots of room and doesn’t feel constricted at all.
And that’s about it!
[This post contains affiliate links, meaning if you click on the link and subsequently purchase something, I’ll get a tiny kickback. This post is not sponsored – I purchased all of these products myself without any compensation. I just like to share what’s working for us in our daily lives! Xoxo.]