This Lemony Pasta with Spinach & Goat Cheese comes together in a half hour, uses a limited ingredients list, and tastes like heaven! A garlicky and lemony olive oil sauce coats the noodles and wilted spinach and creamy goat cheese add health and heft! A simple but delicious meal!
- 1 lb pasta (any shape you prefer! We went with whole wheat rotini)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 4 cups baby spinach
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts (or other nut of choice)
- Chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley or basil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta until el dente, according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes, stirring constantly so the garlic doesn’t burn.
- After a minute or so, add the baby spinach and cook for a few minutes or until it is wilted and tender.
- Drain the pasta, reserving about 1 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Add the pasta to the skillet with the spinach. Toss well to combine. Add another drizzle of olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Toss and then add a little bit of the pasta water, continuing to toss until everything is well combined and moistened.
- Grate in the parmesan cheese and toss to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning, as needed.
- Right before serving, top with crumbled goat cheese, toasted nuts, and a sprinkling of fresh herbs. Serve hot.
- Category: pasta
Keywords: quick and easy pasta, pasta with spinach and goat cheese, pantry staple recipes, easy dinner ideas, 30 minute meals, healthy pasta recipe