This Watermelon Berry Rosé Sangria is summer in a glass! Filled with juicy summer watermelon and berries, refreshing rosé wine, brandy, and a pop of fresh citrus, it’s all you’ll want to drink all summer long. It’s quick and easy to prepare and can be made ahead.
- 2 cups watermelon juice (see NOTE)
- 1 (750-mL) bottle rosé wine
- ½ cup brandy
- ½ cup simple syrup (see NOTE)
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 cups watermelon cubes or balls
- 1 cup fresh mixed berries
- 2 cups sparkling water or club soda
For Optional Garnish:
- Fresh mint
- Watermelon wedges
- Mixed berries
- Lime slices or wedges
- About one hour before you want to serve, make the sangria base by combining the watermelon juice, wine, brandy, simple syrup, lime juice, and fruit in a large pitcher or punch bowl. Chill in the fridge.
- Right before serving, add in the sparkling water and stir to combine.
- Pour into glasses filled with ice. I like to make sure that each glass gets some of the fruit that has soaked in the sangria. Garnish with mint sprigs, watermelon wedges, fresh berries, and lime slices.
- I use store-bought watermelon juice for drinks like this, but it is super easy to make your own. Place fresh watermelon cubes in a blender with a splash of water (3 cups cubes to ¼ cup water) and blend on high until smooth. Pour through a fine-mesh strainer. Store juice in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. It may separate while it sits – this is fine. Just give it a good shake or stir before using.
- To make simple syrup, combine equal parts sugar and water in a saucepan and place over medium heat. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes or so, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is completely dissolved. Cool to room temperature and then chill in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Category: cocktails
Keywords: watermelon rose wine sangria, watermelon sangria recipe, easy sangria recipe, watermelon rose cocktail, watermelon cocktails