These Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers are a cinch to make, come together quickly, and taste like spicy, tangy heaven! They are hearty, satisfying, healthy, and completely delicious. Shredded buffalo chicken is mixed with veggies, brown rice, and cheese and baked inside bell peppers. This is a lifeline meal for busy lives!
- 3 large bell peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup cooked brown rice (I love using quick-cooking rice for recipes like this)
- ½ cup fresh or frozen corn (no need to defrost if frozen)
- ½ cup buffalo hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons ranch or blue cheese dressing
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Crumbled blue cheese (feta is a great substitute)
- Chopped scallions
- Chopped red onion
- Additional ranch or blue cheese dressing, for drizzling
- Lime wedges
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line the peppers halves up in a large baking dish. Brush the peppers all over, inside and out, with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast the peppers for 15 minutes while you make the filling.
- For the filling, heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Once hot, add the onion and celery and a pinch of salt and cook for a few minutes or until the veggies are softened.
- Add in the garlic and cook for a minute more.
- Add in the shredded chicken, brown rice, and corn and stir to combine everything. Cook for a couple minutes, just to warm everything through.
- Stir in the buffalo sauce and dressing until everything is well combined. Once the mixture is hot, add in ½ cup of the Monterey Jack cheese to the mixture and stir until it is melted throughout. Season with a little salt and pepper, to taste.
- Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Take the peppers out of the oven and working carefully (everything will be very hot!), fill the peppers with the buffalo chicken mixture. Top each filled pepper with the remaining shredded Jack and cheddar cheeses.
- Carefully pour ½ cup of water into the baking dish with the peppers, being careful to not get any water inside the peppers.
- Bake the peppers for another 15-20 minutes or until they are tender on the outside and the filling is gooey.
- Serve immediately, garnished however you prefer. We like a little crumbled blue cheese, chopped scallions, another drizzle of ranch/blue cheese dressing, and a healthy spritz of fresh lime juice.
- This is a great recipe for using up leftover chicken. I often cook off chicken for the week OR buy a rotisserie chicken for meals like this.
- You can use any rice you prefer for this. When planning out weeknight meals, I often cook up enough rice for the week OR use quick-cooking rice (aka, the microwavable “Minute RIce” variety at the store) – it is great in a pinch when you don’t feel like dirtying another pot or having dinner take twice as long to prepare.
- These peppers are great reheated and will keep, well covered, in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Category: entrees
Keywords: buffalo chicken stuffed peppers, buffalo chicken stuffed peppers recipe, chicken stuffed peppers, quick and easy buffalo chicken meals,