This Everything Bagel Scallion Cream Cheese Pull-Apart Bread is as fun to eat as it is delicious! Pillowy, tender yeasted dough is filled with scallion cream cheese, mozzarella, and topped with everything bagel seasoning. The result is breakfast heaven! All the flavors of a toasted bagel with cream cheese in a fun, re-vamped package.
For the Dough:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup 2% or whole milk
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 packet (2¼ teaspoons) active dry or instant yeast
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
For the Filling:
- 1 (8-oz) block cream cheese, softened
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning
- 1 cup low-moisture mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Additional flour, for rolling out dough
- 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter, for brushing on top
- 2 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning
For the Dough:
- Place the butter, milk, and water in a large microwave-safe measuring cup (alternatively, you can do this in a saucepan on the stove).
- Heat for 30 seconds, stir well, and then heat again for another 15 seconds or until the butter is completely melted.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl of your stand mixer and whisk in the sugar. Sprinkle the yeast over top and let sit until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the flour, everything bagel seasoning, and salt in a bowl.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix on low with the dough hook until the dough starts to come together.
- Add in the eggs and keep mixing until a smooth and sticky dough forms. If it is very sticky, add in a few tablespoons of flour at a time until it comes together. The dough should be somewhat sticky but smooth and soft.
- Oil a large bowl and place the dough ball inside. Cover with a damp kitchen towel and place the bowl in a warm place (I use my turned off oven for this), allowing the dough to sit for an hour or until it is doubled in size.
For the Filling:
- While the dough is rising, make the filling by mixing together the cream cheese, scallions, and everything bagel seasoning.
- Set aside until the dough is ready to be rolled out.
- Liberally butter a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Punch down the dough and roll it out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Roll the dough out into a large rectangle, roughly 12 x 20 inches (it does not need to be perfect – this is a forgiving recipe!).
- Spread the cream cheese filling all over the surface of the dough.
- Using a pizza cutter or a sharp knife, cut the dough lengthwise into 5 even strips.
- Stack the 5 strips on top of one another, pressing any apple filling that falls out back into the layers.
- Cut the stack of strips into 6 sets of squares.
- Gently stack the dough squares into the pan so that they are standing upright, like an accordion.
- Cover the pan with a towel and let rise for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Remove the towel from the bread and brush with the melted butter. Evenly sprinkle the everything bagel seasoning all over the top of the bread.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, checking after 35 minutes. The top should be golden brown and set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then carefully invert the pan to remove the bread.
- Place the bread on a serving platter or cutting board and serve immediately while warm.
I use store-bought everything bagel seasoning – you can get it everywhere now – but you can certainly make your own!
- Category: breads
Keywords: pull-apart bread, everything bagel pull-apart bread, everything bagel scallion cream cheese pull-apart bread, stuffed breads, savory pull-apart bread