This is the Best Baked Cod Recipe Ever! It is incredibly quick and easy to make – ready in 20 minutes or less – and tastes amazing. Juicy, flaky fish flavored with mustard and lemon makes for a healthy and simple main course!
- 2 (8-oz) cod fillets
- 1½ tablespoons mayo
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or with greased foil). Place the cod fillets on the parchment (if there is skin, place them skin-side down).
- Season the cod lightly with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayo and mustard. Spread the mixture in an even layer on top of the cod fillets.
- To the same bowl, add the butter and microwave for 30 seconds until the butter is melted. Stir in the olive oil and breadcrumbs and stir to combine.
- Zest the lemon and add the zest to the breadcrumbs. Season with the salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Gently pat the breadcrumb mixture into the mayo-mustard layer on top of the fish.
- Bake the fish for 10-12 minutes or until the flesh is opaque and flakes easily with a fork and the breadcrumbs are golden brown and toasty.
- Serve hot and garnished with a fresh squeeze of lemon juice and some lemon slices on the side. We love this fish with a simple green vegetable on the side, such as broccoli, green beans, or even a light side salad.
- This recipe works well with a variety of fish. We have made this with haddock, flounder, halibut, salmon, and sea bass. All work wonderfully with these flavors and technique.
- Category: seafood
Keywords: the best baked cod recipe ever, simple and easy fish recipes, baked fish recipes, mustard and lemon cod