- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup soy sauce (I use reduced sodium)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1½ cups chopped fresh pineapple
- ½ of a large red onion, chopped
- Scallions, for garnish
- Place the chicken breasts in a large resealable bag and season them well with salt and pepper. Mix the soy sauce, garlic, and juices together in a small bowl and then pour over the chicken in the bag. Place the chicken in the fridge to marinate for 4-8 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge. Preheat the oven to 400°F and melt the butter in a cast iron skillet. Add the honey and mustard and whisk to incorporate. Once the mixture is bubbling slightly at the edges, add the pineapple and onion and cook for a couple minutes. Nestle the chicken breasts in the pineapple mixture and pour in about half of the marinade. Bring the mixture to a simmer and spoon the pineapple sauce over the chicken breasts as it simmers.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve garnished with scallions.
- Adapted from here.