Did you grow up loving the strawberry kiwi drink from Snapple?
I did. In fact, I was a big fan of everything Snapple growing up.
My parents were on the stricter side when it came to sugar, so we rarely had soda or juice, aside from the occasional glass of OJ with breakfast.
So as a young teen with my own money, I would often treat myself to all Snapple had to offer. Remember when Snapple made all the fun drinks? The pink lemonade and strawberry kiwi reigned supreme for me.
As an adult, I haven’t found many beverages that still showcase the amazing combination of strawberries and kiwi. SO! I took matters into my own hands.
I give you the grown up version of my beloved Snapple: strawberry kiwi vodka smash!
The name is fun, right? It also is kind of literal. Hah.
This drink starts out by muddling (or smashing!) fresh strawberries and kiwi together in a cocktail shaker until they release all their amazing juices. A little bit tangy and a little bit sweet.
Into the cocktail shaker with the muddled fruit goes simple syrup, vodka, lime juice, and lots of ice. We shake it up and then strain the mixture into glasses (with more ice).
I like a little effervescence with my cocktails, so I like to top this off with some sparkling water or seltzer just to give it a little pop.
And then to make things pretty, I garnish each cocktail with more strawberries, kiwi, a lime slice, and maybe a sprig of mint for good measure.
DELICIOUS. And really, really refreshing.
This cocktail is SO easy and takes me back to that beloved Snapple from my childhood. Ya know, with an adult kick.
Let’s bring back strawberry kiwi, shall we? It’s such a good combo.
This Strawberry Kiwi Vodka Smash is the perfect summer cocktail! Light and refreshing with amazing fruity flavor from muddled strawberries and kiwis – it goes down easy!
For the Simple Syrup (makes extra):
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- For the Cocktails (makes 2):
- 4 large strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1 kiwi, peeled and chopped
- 1 lime, quartered
- 2 oz simple syrup (add more to taste)
- 4 oz vodka
- Sparkling water, for topping
- Lime slices
- Fresh mint
For the Simple Syrup:
- Combine the water and sugar in a small saucepan and set over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently, until all the sugar is completely dissolved in the water, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely before using in cocktails.
- This will make extra syrup – store extra in an airtight container (a mason jar works great) in the fridge for about a week.
For the Cocktails:
- To a cocktail shaker, add the strawberries, kiwi, and lime wedges. Muddle with a muddler or the handle of a wooden spoon/spatula until the fruit is pretty well mashed.
- Add the simple syrup, vodka, and some ice to the shaker. Shake well to thoroughly mix and chill the ingredients.
- Strain the mixture into two glasses filled with ice. Top off with sparkling water.
- Garnish as you please. I love to add a few more strawberries and kiwi to each glass, a lime slice, and a sprig of fresh mint.
- Serve immediately.
- Category: cocktails
Keywords: strawberry kiwi juice, strawberry kiwi cocktail, strawberry kiwi vodka cocktail, strawberry kiwi recipes