OK, so apparently, there was a trend going on about cookie butter lattes? Maybe on TIkTok?
It’s a secret-menu Starbucks item, apparently. It went viral once people found out what it was.
I’m too old to keep up with food trends, but hilariously, I have had this recipe written up and tested for MONTHS at this point. I just wanted to wait until the weather took a full turn toward chilly before sharing.
So I don’t know if this truly counts as being trendy, but here we are.
All that matters is this: these are absolutely delicious. Especially if you are a freak about cookie butter, like me.
Cookie butter is one of my favorite sweet bites – usually on a spoon straight from the jar after dinner. It’s creamy and sweet and spiced and…well, just magical. I adore it.
I love the Biscoff and Trader Joe’s brands best. I’ve used them both in many, many sweet recipes over the years. And while I love transforming it into something else, I must say, straight off the spoon is best.
These lattes feature everything I love about cookie butter but with a caffeine kick. And we all know by now how much I love my coffee. It’s my special ritual in the mornings (I purposely get up hours earlier than my family so I can enjoy it in peace).
This combination was bound to happen.
Turns out, these are really easy to make. Yay! Love when that happens.
Brew your espresso and set it aside. Warm some milk and stir in cookie butter and a teensy pinch of salt to bring some balance to things. Froth the milk and cookie butter together until smooth and creamy and delightful.
I do this with my hand frother (this one is my fave), but you can definitely just use a blender to do this. OR warm the milk and cookie butter together on the stovetop and whisk until smooth and frothy.
Combine the cookie butter milk (OMG!) with the espresso and garnish as you please!
I love some whipped cream, more melted cookie butter drizzled over top (mimicking the idea of caramel on a macchiato), a sprinkling of cinnamon, and a Biscoff cookie on the rim of the mug for dunking.
Comforting, cozy, sweet, and spiced. What more could you ask for?
This is the type of coffee that I crave in the afternoon. It’s like a treat and caffeine boost in one, and it totally takes the chill out of these November days.
Skip the line at Starbucks and make these at home. They’re SO easy, quick, and taste EVEN better than the original.
These Cookie Butter Lattes are my take on the trendy drink. My version is REALLY simple to make (with only 4 ingredients!) and much cheaper than the Starbucks secret-menu item. It tastes like a warm, spiced Biscoff cookie dunked into creamy coffee. Cozy, spiced, and everything nice!
- 2–4 shots of espresso (depends on how strong you like it)
- 12 oz milk of choice
- 3 teaspoons cookie butter
- Tiny pinch of sea salt
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Ground cinnamon, for dusting
- Warmed cookie butter, for drizzling
- Biscoff cookies, for serving
- Brew your espresso and set aside.
- Place the milk in a large measuring cup and microwave it for 1 minutes until hot.
- Add the cookie butter and salt to the milk. Using a handheld frother, froth the milk and the cookie butter together until completely smooth and incorporated.
- Divide the espresso between two mugs and then top off with the cookie butter frothed milk, holding back any foam with a spoon. Spoon the foam over top of the steamed milk.
- Garnish as you prefer. I love some whipped cream, another drizzle of warmed cookie butter, a dusting of cinnamon, and a sprinkling of Biscoff cookies. Serve immediately while warm.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: coffee
Keywords: cookie butter latte, copycat starbucks cookie butter latte, biscoff latte, quick and easy cookie butter latte, homemade cookie butter latte