Welcome to a VERY overdo lifestyle favorites post!
I skipped the past couple months because we just had too much going on. Finally, I got it together and put a list of amazing discoveries from the past couple months.
Where to even begin?
April and May flew by. Just evaporated. We were so busy with Kieran’s baseball schedule, school wrapping up, and our big Grecian trip…I feel like I blinked and June was already ending. What.
Kieran’s baseball is just wrapping up for the season. We have a couple tournaments and practices scheduled for the summer, but then it wraps up until the fall (when it picks back up again for fall ball). Travel team schedules are no joke! This is our first true experience with a travel team for any sport, and while it is the BEST ever to watch him (he is obsessed), it does monopolize a lot of our time. I am grateful Finn is still too young for organized sports, because I don’t know how we would balance two schedules like this. I suppose we’ll find out in another year or two won’t we? Ah!
On top of that, Dan and I took our trip to Greece at the end of May and it was EPIC. One of, if not THE, best trip we’ve taken; and we’ve been to some pretty incredible places (no, this is not lost on me. I am beyond grateful to be able to travel). We originally had this trip fully booked for June of 2020 – obviously, that didn’t happen. So this was the make up trip, and we had two full years to really make it the best trip ever. Lots of research, planning, etc. It was so worth the wait!
We started off in Athens for a couple days and then jetsetted off to the islands of Mykonos and Santorini for the majority of the trip. When I say that these islands are special, I mean they are REALLY special. Both were so different but magnificent in their own ways. The food was fantastic – we ate so much seafood (particularly octopus and sea bass) and delicious, delicious Greek salads made up with the best tomatoes I’ve ever had (and I’ve been to Italy!). So, so good. It was just an amazing trip all around, and we had THE best time. I would go back in a heartbeat! Greece is incredible.
Coming home and reuniting with the boys made it all that much sweeter. I am a firm believer in vacationing both WITH the kids AND without. It’s healthy for everyone involved. Dan and I get to focus on each other, and the kids get some independence from their parents and some quality time with the grandparents. It really is important for all involved, and I recommend taking parents-only trips to anyone with kids! It most definitely does not have to be a huge trip like Greece, haha, even just a local weekend away can do wonders. Trust me!
Now that we’re back and settled into a routine, school has ended and summer camps are starting up. Both boys will be in summer camps a few days each week, and they are both so excited. Kieran does an all-sports camp, as well as a baseball camp, and he loves them both. Finn’s daycare does a “summer program,” with more focus on fun activities and sports. They love it.
Our next big trip is to the Outer Banks. We leave for that this upcoming week, and I can’t wait!
Here are some things I have been loving these past couple months. SO much good stuff!
1. Holy goodness, I have been a reading machine this year so far. I think I am up to almost 25 books since January! That is HUGE for me. The highlights from the last couple months include the ACOTAR series (to say I am obsessed is a huge understatement. I read the entire series – all five books – in record time), the Crescent City first and second books (also OMG obsessed – it was a slow start and a little harder to get into than ACOTAR at first, but once it picked up, I fell in love. Also the ENDING of book two!!!!! OMG), anything by Tessa Bailey, specifically It Happened One Summer, Hook Line & Sinker, and the Fix Her Up series (ALL so good). I also read To Love Jason Thorne by Ella Maise, and A Not So Meet Cute / So Not Meant to Be by Meghan Quinn (OBSESSED!). I just started Tessa Bailey’s newest: My Killer Vacation, and I love it so far. I plan on stocking up on more Meghan Quinn books because I loved those first two by her, and I can’t wait to read more. They are a great mix of sweet and spicy romance and hilarious comedy – I literally laughed out loud while reading her stuff. My Kindle hasn’t gotten this much action in years. I have been reading instead of watching TV in the evenings, and it’s really been wonderful.
2. Wandering Bear Cold Brew – specifically the Dirty Vanilla Chai flavor (which goes out of stock frequently, I’m learning). I order it directly through them OR on Amazon – my Subscribe & Save discount actually makes it cheaper than buying direct. I am almost always in the mood for hot coffee – there’s something about the ritual of brewing coffee and sipping from a mug that I have a hard time skipping – but I DO love a cold coffee every now and then. These cartons are so convenient; you just keep them in the fridge and dispense your desired amount of cold brew right from the spout. This cold brew has a ton of flavor, and I adore the dirty chai aspect. So yummy!
3. Speaking of coffee, our beloved Breville coffee maker bit the dust a month ago (sad face), and instead of sinking another $300 into a coffee maker, I went with this Ninja coffee machine, and I love it. We needed something quickly, and I have no regrets about this one. It makes delicious coffee and is really simple to use! It’s no frills, but it’s exactly what we needed.
4. Modere liquid collagen and Trim supplements – after hearing about these products from a couple friends AND influencers, I decided to give it a go. I do the Modere Life collagen and the Trim in the mango flavor. I hate the taste of collagen peptides (yes, I can taste them in my coffee and smoothies), so the idea of a liquid form was appealing to me. I can say, after two months of using these, that they make a noticeable difference! My hair, nails, and skin have all shown improvements, and my stomach area does not seem as puffy. I love the convenience and effectiveness of both products! They are pricey but worth it. If you want to try it out, I have a referral discount code HERE. NOT sponsored or anything like that – if you order, we both get a discount. Simple as that.
5. In preparation for our Greece trip, I stocked up on a bunch of lightweight and comfy shorts. These shorts from Athleta are AMAZING. They fit great, are super comfy, and very lightweight. I bought them in a bunch of colors, and I adore them. I’ll be wearing them all summer long.
6. I also bought this skort from Athleta, and I am obsessed. It’s super flattering and makes chasing after two little kids easier (thanks to the shorts aspect). Very comfy and cute!
7. I also bought a few sundresses for our trip: this one (runs large – I ordered down two sizes) was my fave and I wore it a few times on the trip. The perfect mix of comfy, light, and practical. Easily dressed up or down.
8. My skincare regimen has stayed fairly consistent these past few months. I did add this dark spot serum, and I think it’s making a difference! I have melasma (thanks, kiddos) and a few darker age spots on my face, and while I avoid the sun on my face like a crazy person, this serum is a nice addition to my routine. It sinks in easily and really seems to be making a difference in the discolored spots on my face.
9. I shared this last year, but this Urban Decay matte lipstick in the color Backtalk is so pretty. I love it in the spring and summer because it’s a lighter color. The matte finish is so pretty. It’s like the perfect dusty pink! I think it would look so pretty on a variety of skin tones. I also tried out this CoverGirl matte lip stain (in the color “Wine O Clock”) for a wedding we had recently, and I got so many compliments on the color (it’s like a bright pinkish red). It lasted for over 8 hours! I just swabbed some light gloss on top – great for events where you need color to last without reapplying.
10. I recently discovered Mike’s Hot Honey – I know, I know. I’m very late to the game, but this stuff is insanely good. I get the hype completely! I’ve been eating it on so many things, everything from eggs to avocado toast to pizza to cheese and crackers. So delish! Worth the hype.
11. I also recently tried One Mighty Mill bagels, and I fell in love! They are so good toasted with a slather of salted butter or cream cheese, and I love how clean the ingredients are. Good quality bread products are hard to come by, and these are awesome. I love the whole wheat everything, and my kids love the cinnamon raisin! My favorite way to enjoy the everything bagel is with some Kite Hill chive cream cheese and thinly sliced cucumbers. OMG. It’s insane.
12. And last but not least, A Dozen Cousins bean pouches! I am obsessed with these. I eat them several times a week with my morning eggs. The Cuban black beans and cowboy pinto beans are my favorites, but the refried beans and creole red beans also are amazing. I love them for a quick and easy fiber-rich addition of protein. The single-serve nature of these is perfect for me, too, since I’m the only person in my household who enjoys beans. I just got some of their rice packets to try, so I’ll report back on those too!
And that wraps up June! We’re busy but also easing into a lower key summer routine, and I’m trying to soak up every second. These boys are growing like crazy. Happy July, friends!
[This post is not sponsored but contains affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link and purchase the product, I receive a small kickback from the seller – at no extra cost to you! It is a small way I can earn a living doing what I love. Thank you for supporting this blog! I will always disclose this to you.]