- 1 (1-lb) ball of pizza dough (homemade or store bought)
- Flour, for rolling out the dough
- Cornmeal, for rolling out the dough
- Olive oil, for brushing on the dough
- 1½ cups grated mozzarella (use the low moisture kind)
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 cup crumbled feta, divided
- Salt and pepper
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- Pea shoots, microgreens, or fresh herbs, for garnish
- Balsamic glaze, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 475°F and place a pizza stone on the middle rack. If you don’t have a pizza stone, place a lightly oiled baking sheet in the oven to preheat.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out your dough to desired shape and thickness. Sprinkle a pizza peel with cornmeal and then carefully transfer the dough to the pizza peel.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella evenly over the surface of the dough, leaving a 1-inch border of crust around the edges.
- Add the cherries on top of the mozzarella, spreading them out evenly. Top with ½ of the crumbled feta cheese.
- Season with a pinch each of salt, pepper, and the red pepper flakes, if using, and then carefully transfer the pizza from the pizza peel onto your pizza stone or prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the pizza dough is crisp and golden on the bottom and all the toppings are melty and gooey. The cherries should be soft and bursting a bit.
- Remove from the oven and top with the remaining feta, green of choice,, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze. Season with another sprinkle of salt, slice, and serve.