- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (11-oz) can diced tomatoes and chiles
- 1 (15-oz) can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (15-oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 Rotisserie chicken breast, skin removed and shredded
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Hot sauce
- Guacamole or sliced avocados
- Crushed tortilla chips
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the jalapeños and garlic and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the spices and the canned tomatoes/chiles. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken broth and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the corn, canned beans, and chicken breast and simmer for 5 minutes more to warm everything through.
- Add the half-and-half and check for seasonings again, adjusting as necessary.
- Serve with desired toppings.
- Category: soup
Keywords: chicken enchilada soup, enchilada soup recipes, healthy soup recipes, comfort food recipes, chicken enchiladas