These Swiss Chard & Brown Rice Stuffed Peppers are a vegetarian meal that come together in no time with little effort but with TONS of flavor. You’ll never miss the meat here!
- 3 large red bell peppers (any color pepper will work)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, stemmed and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cooked short-grain brown rice
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Halve peppers lengthwise and remove the seeds. Lightly brush the peppers all over with oil; sprinkle the insides with salt and pepper. Place the peppers, cut-side down, in a baking dish. Bake until peppers are just tender, 10-15 minutes. Let cool slightly. Turn cut-side up.
- While the peppers are baking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring often, until onion is softened, about 6-8 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the Swiss chard and cook until wilted and softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice, parmesan, pine nuts, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Divide the filling among the pepper halves and return them to the baking dish.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water to the baking dish. Cover the peppers with foil and bake until heated through, about 15 minutes. Uncover and bake for 5 minutes more. Serve warm!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: vegetables
Keywords: Swiss Chard & Brown Rice Stuffed Peppers, vegetarian stuffed peppers recipe, vegetarian stuffed peppers, brown rice and swiss chard stuffed peppers, roasted vegetarian peppers