For the Salad:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 8–10 cups mixed baby greens
- 1½ cups corn (fresh or defrosted frozen)
- 1 large avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 (15-oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Crushed tortilla chips
For the Vinaigrette:
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 garlic clove, very finely minced, grated, or pressed
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1–2 teaspoons honey (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with foil. Toss the cubed sweet potato with the cumin, coriander, a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper and spread out in an even layer on the baking sheet. Roast for 15-20 minutes, tossing occasionally, until the sweet potato is caramelized and tender. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette by whisking all the ingredients together until blended.
- Toss together the greens, corn, avocado, black beans, cherry tomatoes, and the warm sweet potato chunks. Toss everything with the vinaigrette. Garnish with the tortilla chips. Serve immediately.