- 3 cups cherries, pitted and halved
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella (sliced, chunked, or in balls)
- ½ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Smoked sea salt, to taste
- ¼ cup fresh basil, torn or lightly chopped
- Combine the cherries, mozzarella, and almonds in a mixing bowl and toss gently to combine.
- Drizzle the vinegar and oil over top and toss gently to coat.
- Season, to taste, with black pepper and smoked sea salt (or regular sea or kosher salt) and garnish with the basil. Serve immediately.