- ¾ cup popcorn kernels
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sriracha hot sauce (or more to taste)
- Salt, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot and once shimmering, add the popcorn. Cover the pot and allow the popcorn to pop, shaking the pot every now and then. Once the popping subsides, remove from heat and remove the lid. Sprinkle half the lime zest and a pinch or two of salt over the popcorn while it’s still hot and toss to coat.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small saucepan and whisk in the lime juice, brown sugar, and Sriracha. Mix well to combine. Pour the mixture over the popcorn, tossing well to evenly coat. Check seasonings and then serve immediately, garnished with the remaining lime zest.