- ½ cup cherries, pitted and chopped
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Juice of 2 limes
- ¼ cup silver tequila
- 1 tablespoon triple sec
- 1 tablespoon maraschino cherry liqueur
- 1 tablespoon amaretto
- Salt and sugar, for rimming glasses
- Extra lime slices, for garnish
- Extra cherries, for garnish
- Place the cherries and sugar in a bowl and muddle or mash with a fork until the cherries are mostly broken down. Alternatively, if a smoother texture is preferred, you can puree the cherries and sugar in a food processor or blender. I don’t mind the cherry bits in my drink, though!
- Place the cherry mixture, lime juice, tequila, triple sec, cherry liqueur, and amaretto in a shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously until everything is very cold.
- Rim two glasses with sugar, salt, or a mixture of the two. Fill the glasses with ice and pour the tequila-cherry mix over top.
- Garnish each glass with cherries and additional lime slices, as desired. Serve immediately!