- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Salt and pepper
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese (optional – you can skip if you’re not a blue cheese fan)
- 2 tablespoons buffalo hot sauce
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Additional ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing, and/or hot sauce, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat a cast-iron (or other ovenproof) skillet over medium-high heat. Add the canola oil.
- Meanwhile, season the cubed chicken with salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the hot skillet and sear on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. Don’t worry if the chicken is completely cooked through at this point; it still has to bake in the oven.
- Meanwhile, mix together the cream cheese, dressing, blue cheese, buffalo sauce, milk, and scallions until well combined.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the skillet with the chicken and stir until everything is melted and creamy.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the shredded cheese until melted. Top the skillet with the breadcrumbs. Lightly drizzle the breadcrumbs with oil.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the mixture is bubbly and the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Allow the chicken to cool slightly before serving. Serve with desired additional sauces on the side.