- Salt, for rimming glasses
- ½ cup vodka
- ¾ cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 (12-oz) bottle of ginger beer
- 2 oz maraschino liqueur
- Grapefruit slices, for garnish
- Cherries, for garnish
- Pour the salt onto a small plate. Run a slice of grapefruit around the rims of two highball glasses. Gently dip the rims into the salt to coat.
- Fill the glasses with ice.
- In a tall glass or shaker filled with ice, mix together the vodka, grapefruit juice, and liqueur to combine.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the two glasses and top each off with the ginger beer.
- Garnish each glass with slices of grapefruit and cherries. Serve immediately.