- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- Egg wash
- ¼ cup fig jam
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (don’t use the fresh mozzarella here – it will be too wet)
- 2 oz soppressata (or pepperoni), sliced paper thin (I have my deli person do this for me)
- 1 cup of baby spinach leaves
- 4 oz goat cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Additional fig jam, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Gently unroll the pastry on a lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough slightly just to even out the cracks and create as much surface area as possible. Brush the egg wash over the entire surface of the pastry.
- Spread the fig jam in an even layer over the pastry.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly over the jam. Top with a layer of soppressata slices and spinach leaves.
- Crumble the goat cheese evenly over top. Season everything with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Carefully roll the pastry like a jelly roll, starting at the longer side of the pastry, just as you would roll cinnamon rolls. Once it is completely rolled, gently press the open seams together to seal.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the roll into ½-inch slices and place the slices, cut side down, on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the pastry rounds with additional egg wash and bake for 15-18 minutes or until they are puffed and golden brown.
- Cool slightly before serving with additional fig jam for dipping.