For the Lemon Syrup:
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- Zest of 2 lemons
For the Frosties:
- 2 (15-oz) cans lite coconut milk
- ⅓ cup of the lemon syrup (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Juice of 2 lemons (use the same ones you zested for the syrup)
Optional Coconut Rims:
- 3 oz white chocolate, melted
- ½ cup flaked coconut, lightly toasted
Make the lemon syrup:
- Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Add the zest and cook the mixture, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is completely dissolved. Allow the zest to steep in the syrup until it is completely cooled.
- Strain out the zest and place the syrup in an airtight container. Refrigerate until you are ready to use it.
Make Coconut Milk Ice Cubes:
- Shake one of the cans of coconut milk well and then pour it into an ice cube tray. Freeze until firm, at least a couple hours.
To Make the Frosties:
- Dip the rims of your serving glasses in the melted white chocolate and then in a shallow dish of flaked coconut.
- To a blender, add the remaining can of coconut milk, syrup, vanilla, and lemon juice. Blend and then add in the frozen coconut milk cubes.
- Blend until smooth, thick, and frothy. Pour the mixture into the prepared glasses, add straws, and enjoy immediately.