- 1 cup warm water
- ¼ cup raw almonds
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
- 1½ cups frozen blueberries
- 2 cups baby greens (I used half kale, half spinach)
- 1 tablespoon hulled hempseed
- ½ tablespoon maca powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 pitted Medjool dates
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- To a measuring cup, add the warm water, almonds, and cacao nibs. Allow to sit until the water reaches room temperature, 15-20 minutes. This allows both the almonds and cacao nibs to soften up just a bit before you blend the smoothie. You can also do this ahead, like the night before you want the smoothie.
- Pour the water mixture into a blender, followed by the almond milk.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and blend on high until completely blended and smooth. Add ice if a thicker consistency is desired.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy while cold.