- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Pinch of fine salt
- ½ cup hulled and halved strawberries
- 2 lemons
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- Whisk together the sugar, water, and salt in a small saucepan set over medium heat. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes or until the sugar is completely dissolved in the water.
- Add in the strawberries. Peel the lemons and add in the lemon peel (set aside the peeled lemons for later). Simmer for a few minutes and then remove the pan from the heat.
- Allow the syrup to cool completely to room temperature, which will allow the strawberry and lemon flavors to fully infuse.
- Once the syrup is cooled, squeeze in the juice of the peeled lemons and then add the entire mixture to a blender. Blend on high until everything is completely smooth and pureed.
- Pass the syrup through a fine-mesh strainer set over a large bowl. Discard the solids.
- Stir the softened mascarpone cheese into the strawberry lemon syrup until smooth and creamy. Chill the mixture in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Churn the chilled mixture in an ice cream maker, according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Transfer the churned sorbet to an airtight container and chill in the freezer for at least 2 hours before scooping and serving.
- Serve garnished with sliced strawberries.