- 4 oz fresh or defrosted frozen blackberries
- Juice of 2 limes, divided
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 5 oz lime-flavored silver tequila (or any tequila you prefer)
- 2 oz triple sec or Grand Marnier (any orange liqueur you prefer)
- Honey, agave, or simple syrup, to taste (I start with 1 tablespoon and add as necessary)
- Berry or lime seltzer, for topping off the glasses
- Salt, for rimming the glasses
- Additional blackberries and/or limes, for garnishing the glasses
- In a small bowl, combine the blackberries, juice of 1 lime, and sugar. Mash with a spoon or muddler, so that most of the blackberry juices are released and there are no large chunks of berry. Set aside for 5 minutes while you prep the other ingredients.
- Rim serving glasses with a cut lime and then dip in salt. Fill the glasses with ice. Pour 2-3 tablespoons of the macerated berry mixture into each glass.
- To a shaker filled with ice, add the tequila, orange liqueur, juice of the remaining lime, and sweetener of choice (I like agave). Shake vigorously for a few seconds and then pour into the glasses.
- Top each glass off with a splash of seltzer and serve immediately.