This no-churn salted caramel s’mores ice cream is made with a salted caramel base and all the fixings for s’mores! It’s salty and sweet and so easy to make!
- 1 cup marshmallows (any size)
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup store-bought salted caramel sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (I like fleur de sel)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (from roughly 8 crackers)
- 1 cup lightly chopped Ghirardelli dark chocolate salted caramel squares
- Flaky sea salt, for serving (optional)
- Place the marshmallows on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Set oven to broil and place the marshmallows on the top rack of the oven. Watching carefully, broil the marshmallows to desired level of toastiness (I like some slightly charred).
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool while you make the ice cream base.
- Place the cream in the bowl of your stand mixer (alternatively, whisk by hand or with a hand mixer) and beat on high with the whisk attachment until stiff peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a large bowl and mix in the salted caramel sauce and sea salt.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the caramel mixture, working it in gently and slowly until it is fluffy and smooth. The idea is to not deflate the whipped cream too much. Set aside.
- Place the graham crackers into a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs form (alternatively, you can place them in a plastic bag and crush them by hand or with a rolling pin. Reserve ¼ cup of the crumbs for serving.
- Gently fold in the toasted marshmallows, graham cracker crumbs, and the chopped chocolate squares. I also like to reserve some for the top of the ice cream once it’s in the pan, but this is optional.
- Spread the mixture into a loaf pan, smoothing out the top, cover with plastic wrap, and place in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
- To serve, let ice cream sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften slightly and then scoop into bowls or cones and garnish with a sprinkling of the reserved graham cracker crumbs and flaky sea salt.
- Category: dessert
Keywords: smores ice cream, no churn ice cream, no churn smores ice cream, homemade ice cream, salted caramel ice cream, salted caramel smores, toasted marshmallow