These dragon fruit margarita popsicles are a fun twist on the classic frozen cocktail! Grown-up popsicles for all your summer party needs with a fun tropical feel!
- 2 (100 g) frozen dragon fruit (pataya) puree packs, defrosted
- Juice of 3 limes (roughly ⅓ cup)
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar (or more to taste)
- ¼ cup triple sec (or orange liqueur of choice)
- ½ cup silver tequila
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- Flaky sea salt, for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together the defrosted dragon fruit puree, lime juice, water, agave nectar, triple sec, tequila, and pinch of salt.
- Taste and add more agave nectar, if needed. It should taste like a margarita! Adjust the sweetness/saltiness to your tastes.
- Place the lime slices in your popsicle molds. Pour the margarita mixture into each mold, filling them almost to the top (leave a little room at the top, as they will expand slightly as they freeze).
- Place in the freezer for 2 hours, and then insert popsicle sticks, and freeze for another 4 hours.
- To serve, remove the popsicles from the molds, sprinkle with flaky salt (if desired), and serve immediately.
Because these popsicles are booze heavy and alcohol does not fully freeze, they do not freeze as rock solid as regular popsicles do. Once you unmold them, consume them quickly, as they are likely to melt a little bit faster.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours freeze time
- Category: cocktail
Keywords: dragon fruit margarita, dragon fruit margarita recipe, dragon fruit margarita popsicles, dragon fruit recipes, margarita recipe, dragon fruit puree, pataya, boozy popsicles, margarita popsicles, grown up popsicles