This garlic brown sugar chicken roasts up tender, juicy, and loaded with savory-sweet flavor! It’s an easy (life-saving!) weeknight meal!
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 5 garlic cloves, finely minced (roughly 3 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for the pan
- Fresh chives or parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and remove your chicken from the fridge. Set the chicken on a baking sheet lined with paper towels and pat the pieces dry. Allow to sit at room temperature while the oven preheats.
- While the oven preheats and your chicken sits, make the rub by combining the minced garlic, brown sugar, honey, garlic powder, dried herbs, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Add enough olive oil to moisten the mixture so that it is of a spreadable consistency.
- Drizzle the bottom of a roasting pan or baking dish with olive oil and place the chicken pieces in the dish.
- Rub the garlic brown sugar mixture all over the chicken, coating it evenly.
- Place the roasting pan in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F and roast for another 10-15 minutes, or until the juices run clear and the chicken registers an internal temperature of 165F on a meat thermometer (check a few different pieces of the chicken).
- Cool slightly and then garnish with chopped chives or herbs. Serve warm with the pan juices drizzled over top.
- Category: chicken
Keywords: roast chicken, roast chicken recipe, easy roast chicken, garlic and brown sugar chicken, garlic chicken, garlic roast chicken, easy chicken dinner