These Salted Caramel Truffle Olive Oil Brownies are decadent, rich, and deeply chocolate with salted caramel and sea salt woven throughout! A fudgy olive oil batter takes these to the next level. Perfect for Valentine’s Day…or any time you need a serious chocolate fix!
- ¾ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- 1 cup store-bought salted caramel sauce, plus another ¼ cup for drizzling over top
- Flaky sea salt, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Liberally spray both the pan and parchment with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- To a large microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and microwave for 20 seconds. Stir and continue microwaving in 20-second increments, stirring after each one, until the chocolate is smooth and melted. Be patient! You don’t want to burn the chocolate, so doing this gradually is important.
- Whisk the olive oil and sugar into the chocolate while it is still warm.
- Stir in the vanilla and eggs, whisking well to combine.
- Whisk together the cocoa powder, flour, espresso powder, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and then add the mixture to the wet ingredients. Fold in the dry ingredients until they are no longer visible in the wet ingredients – resist the urge to overmix!
- Press half the batter into the bottom of the pan, smoothing it out evenly.
- Pour 1 cup of the salted caramel sauce all over the batter, smoothing it out evenly with a spatula.
- Dollop the remaining batter over top of the caramel and gently spread it out over the caramel. I found it easiest to do this with my hands and then evened out the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the edges of the brownies are crispy and set and the middle is mostly set with a slight jiggle when you shake the pan.
- Cool the brownies in the pan to room temperature. Drizzle over with the remaining caramel and sprinkle the top of the brownies with the flaky sea salt. Place the pan in the fridge to firm up for about 1 hour (this is optional – you can slice them once they’ve cooled completely in the pan, but I like to chill them to make it even easier to slice these).
Brownies lightly adapted from here.
- Category: dessert
Keywords: olive oil brownies, salted caramel brownies, dark chocolate brownies, extra virgin olive oil brownies, fudgy brownie recipe, fudgy brownies, caramel sauce, brownies with salted caramel