This Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad is a combination of classic creamy pasta salad and the flavors of spicy buffalo chicken! It’s creamy, spicy, and tangy, filled with crunchy veggies, with a flavor that is out of this world!
- 1 lb short pasta (any short pasta shape will work)
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup mayo
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons ranch or blue cheese dressing
- ⅓ cup buffalo hot sauce (or more to taste)
- Juice of 1 lime (roughly 1 tablespoon)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, diced or shredded
- 1 cup sharp cheddar, cubed or shredded
- 1 cup diced bell peppers (any color will work)
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup fresh or defrosted frozen corn
- ½ cup diced scallions
- ½ cup finely diced red onion
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Crumbled blue cheese (optional – you can omit or sub with feta too!)
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until el dente, according to the package directions. Drain and rinse under cool water.
- While the pasta is cooking, mix together the dressing in a large mixing bowl. Whisk together the yogurt, mayo, milk, dressing, buffalo sauce, and lime juice. Taste and add more buffalo sauce if you like things really spicy. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper as well.
- Add the pasta to the dressing and toss well to evenly coat all the noodles.
- Stir in the chicken, cheese, peppers, celery, corn, scallions, and red onion and taste again for seasonings.
- Stir in some chopped cilantro and crumbled blue (or feta!) cheese, if using.
- Cover and refrigerate until you are ready to serve. The pasta salad can be made up to to two days ahead of time. I like to bring it back to room temperature before serving. If it dries out at all in the fridge, I add a splash or two of milk to loosen it back up again.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: side dishes
Keywords: creamy pasta salad recipe, buffalo chicken pasta salad recipe, buffalo chicken recipes, summer picnic recipes, spicy pasta salad, chicken pasta salad