These Watermelon Palomas are an awesome way to kick-start summer! They’re loaded with fresh citrus and watermelon juices, tequila, and a touch of sweetness thanks to agave nectar. No complicated mixing or simple syrup required here! Just delicious refreshment!
- 5 oz fresh watermelon juice (see NOTE)
- 3 oz fresh grapefruit juice
- Juice of 1 lime (roughly 1 oz)
- 4 oz silver tequila
- 1 oz agave nectar (or more, to taste)
- Seltzer, for topping off the glasses
- Salt, for rimming glasses
- Watermelon wedges, for garnish
- Grapefruit or lime slices, for garnish
- To a large cocktail shaker filled with ice, add the watermelon, grapefruit, and lime juices, along with the tequila and agave nectar.
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds or so to thoroughly mix and chill all the ingredients.
- Taste and add more agave nectar or lime juice, as needed, to meet your tastes (I like a tangier cocktail and my husband likes it a touch sweeter).
- Rim two tall (highball style) glasses with salt and fill them with ice (the salt is optional – but I love it with anything containing tequila).
- Pour the mixture over the ice in the two glasses and add a little seltzer to each. Garnish with watermelon wedges and citrus slices, as desired. Enjoy!
- You can make your own watermelon juice by placing fresh watermelon cubes or chunks into a blender and pureeing on high until completely smooth. You can strain out any pulp, but I find that most watermelon doesn’t yield a lot of pulp and I usually skip this step.
- You can also use store-bought watermelon juice. My favorite brand is this one.
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: cocktails
Keywords: watermelon grapefruit paloma, watermelon paloma recipe, watermelon cocktail recipe, summer drinks, quick and easy cocktails