These Fresh Cherry Mojitos are summer in a glass! With just a handful of ingredients, you can make these delicious cherry-spiked mojitos for one or a crowd. Refreshing and light, they really let the cherry be the star of the show!
For the Cherry Syrup:
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted
- 1 cup water
- ⅔ cup sugar
For Two Mojitos:
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 lime, quartered
- ¼ cup of the cherry syrup
- 4 oz light rum
- Seltzer or sparkling water, for topping off the glasses
- Fresh mint, lime wedges, and cherries, for optional garnish
For the Fresh Cherry Syrup:
- Place the pitted cherries, water, and sugar in a medium saucepan. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil. Stirring frequently, simmer the mixture for about 5 minutes, or until the cherries are very soft.
- Carefully pour the mixture into a blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth. If a smoother syrup is preferred, you can strain it, but I don’t mind the small cherry bits!
For Two Mojitos:
- To two tall/highball glasses, add the mint and the lime wedges (I quarter the lime and add 2 quarters to each glass).
- Using a muddle or the back of a wooden spoon, muddle the mint and limes together in the bottom of the glass for a few seconds or until they are fragrant and the lime wedges are mostly juiced.
- Fill the glasses with ice and then add in the cherry syrup and rum. GIve it a gentle mix with a straw or spoon and then top off each glass with sparkling water.
- Garnish with additional mint leaves, fresh cherries, and a lime wedge or slice. Serve immediately.
The cherry syrup can be made a few days ahead and stored in an airtight container in the fridge. Give it a good shake before using.
- Category: cocktails
Keywords: fresh cherry mojitos, fresh cherry cocktails, fresh cherry syrup, quick and easy cocktails, rum cocktails