This Ginger Peach Sangria has it all! Sweet summer stone fruit, peach nectar, wine, and a fresh ginger simple syrup for some spicy sweetness. It’s incredibly refreshing and can be made ahead. It checks off all the boxes for easy summer cocktailing!
For the Ginger Syrup:
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 (3-inch) piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
For the Sangria:
- 1 (10-oz) bag frozen sliced peaches
- 1 (10-oz) bag frozen strawberries
- 1 (750-mL) bottle of dry white wine, chilled (I love pinot grigio for this)
- 1 cup canned peach nectar (look for it in the shelf-stable juice section of the store)
- ½ cup brandy
- 1½ cups ginger beer, chilled (ginger ale also works)
- 1½ cups club soda or sparkling water, chilled
- Fresh peach or plum slices
- Fresh pitted cherries
- Fresh mint sprigs
For the Ginger Peach Syrup:
- Combine the water and sugar in a small saucepan and set over medium heat. Bring to a boil and then simmer for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sugar completely dissolves.
- Add the fresh ginger and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow the syrup to cool completely to room temperature. The ginger will steep in the hot syrup as it cools and impart amazing flavor. Discard the ginger before using in the sangria.
For the Sangria:
- To a large pitcher, add half of the frozen fruit, the ginger syrup, wine, peach nectar, and brandy. Stir to combine everything and then place the pitcher in the fridge for about 30 minutes. This allows the flavors to meld and the fruit to sort of marinate.
- Take the pitcher out of the fridge, add the remaining frozen fruit and the ginger beer and club soda. Stir to combine and then serve! I like this sangria over lots of ice. Garnish with fresh peach and plum slices, cherries, or mint sprigs.
- This works best if all the ingredients are chilled before mixed together.
- The sangria base can be made up to 8 hours ahead of time. Keep cold until you are ready to serve. The frozen fruit will do double duty and keep the sangria icy cold!
- Category: cocktails
Keywords: ginger peach sangria, peach sangria, ginger peach cocktail, fresh peach sangria, fresh peach cocktails, summer drinks, peach white wine sangria