This Key Lime Pie Puppy Chow is an addictingly tangy twist on the original! Flavored with tons of fresh lime, graham crackers, and white chocolate – you won’t be able to stop at just one handful. Key lime pie lovers, this one’s for you!
- 1½ cups white chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon fine salt
- Zest of 3 limes (about 2 tablespoons)
- Juice of 2 limes (about ¼ cup)
- 3 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 3 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- Additional lime zest, for optional garnish
- Crushed graham crackers, for optional garnish
- In a large microwave-safe mixing bowl, place the white chocolate and salt. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring after each one, or until the chocolate is smooth and completely melted.
- Add the lime zest and juice to the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Stir the cereals into the melted chocolate mixture and stir well to evenly coat the cereal in the chocolate.
- Working quickly, transfer the chocolate-coated cereal to a large resealable plastic bag and add in the powdered sugar. Seal the bag, squeezing out as much air as possible, and shake/toss the bag around for a few minutes so that the sugar evenly coats the cereal.
- Spread the cereal out in an even layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle additional lime zest and crushed graham crackers all over the cereal while it is still warm.
- Allow to set for 30 minutes before enjoying or transferring to an airtight container.
- Category: snack
Keywords: key lime pie puppy chow, key lime pie muddy buddies, key lime pie cereal mix, key lime pie chex mix, cereal snacks, cereal mix