This Roasted Winter Citrus is a revelation! Brushed with coconut oil, honey, and vanilla and then roasted until tender and caramelized, these citrus stunners can be enjoyed so many different ways! They taste like candy, just as delicious as they are gorgeous!
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 navel orange
- 1 cara cara orange
- 2 blood oranges
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel all the citrus and slice into thin rounds. Line the rounds up on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut oil and honey. Microwave for 20 seconds or until the oil is melted. Stir well to combine and then stir in the vanilla.
- Brush the citrus slices with roughly half of the coconut oil mixture.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and roast the citrus for 10 minutes. Flip over, brush with the remaining coconut oil mixture, and then roast again for another 5-10 minutes, or until the citrus is tender and caramelized in spots.
- Allow to cool before serving.
We love this over yogurt with granola and a drizzle of honey, or as an ice cream topper, or as a sweet addition to a big salad. The possibilities are endless!
- You can use any combination of citrus for this recipe. I went with the specified citrus fruits for a variety of flavor and color. ANY citrus will work!
- You can make these ahead and enjoy all week long. Place completely cooled roasted citrus in an airtight container and store in the fridge for several days. If they “weep” a little bit, that’s totally fine! Just scoop up the delicious juices and enjoy along with the fruit.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: breakfast
Keywords: roasted winter citrus, roasted citrus, easy roasted citrus, roasted blood oranges, roasted oranges