This Lemon Basil Green Smoothie is equal parts refreshing and delicious! A bright, tangy take on the healthy green smoothie. This is one of my most-used and favorite smoothie recipes, especially in the summer time when my basil plants are exploding with goodness!
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup coconut water
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup (add more to taste)
- 1 scoop collagen peptides (can also use protein powder but the overall flavor will change)
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1½ cups baby spinach leaves
- To a blender, add the ingredients in the order listed: pineapple, coconut water, lemon juice/zest, honey/syrup, collagen, hemp hearts, basil, and spinach.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds or until all the ingredients are well combined and mostly smooth. Add more coconut water, as needed, to smooth things out.
- Add as much ice as you prefer to reach your desired smoothie thickness. For me, this is usually 1 cup of ice.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately.
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: smoothie
Keywords: lemon basil smoothie, lemon basil green smoothie, lemon green smoothie, green smoothie with basil, green smoothie with lemon