This Salted Caramel Pecan Pie is tradition with a twist! The traditional pecan filling gets caramelized until it’s richer, sweeter, and denser. A few sprinkles of flaky sea salt really make this one something special. It’s the best pecan pie you’ll ever eat!
- 1 9-inch store-bought deep dish pie crust (you can certainly use homemade)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons flaky sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup pecan halves, for topping the pie
- Additional flaky salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the pie crust on a baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, maple syrup, and butter.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for a few minutes or until the mixture is thickened and deeply golden.
- Reduce the heat to low and pour in the heavy cream, stirring to incorporate. It will bubble up quite a bit when you add in the cream, so do so carefully!
- Stir in the salt and vanilla and remove the pan from the heat. Allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Once it is mostly cooled, whisk in the eggs until smooth. Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pie crust. Top the pie filling with the pecan halves, being as decorative as you like.
- Transfer the baking sheet with the pie to the oven and bake until the filling is set, roughly 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle the top with flaky sea salt, and allow to cool completely before slicing and serving with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- I prefer to make this pie ahead and chill it before slicing. It slices SO easily this way, and the flavors also have more time to develop. I recommend making this a day ahead – you can store it at room temperature or in the fridge. You can warm up each slice before serving, if warm pie is preferred.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: pie
Keywords: salted caramel pecan pie, caramel pecan pie, caramelized pecan pie, pecan pie with salted caramel