These Key Lime Pie Margaritas are a fun twist on the classic. They taste like the iconic pie but in boozy, drinkable form! They are creamy, sweet, tangy, and downright delicious. All that’s missing is a bowl of chips and salsa!
- 3 oz silver tequila
- 2 oz orange liqueur or triple sec (I love Grand Marnier)
- 2 oz key lime juice (or regular lime juice)
- 3 oz sweetened condensed milk
- Key limes, for garnish
- Graham cracker crumbs OR coarse salt, for rimming the glasses
- To a cocktail shaker, add the tequila, orange liqueur, key lime juice, and sweetened condensed milk.
- Add ice to the shaker, cover, and vigorously shake for 20 seconds or so to ensure that all the ingredients are thoroughly chilled and mixed.
- Run a lime wedge around the edges of your glasses and then dip in salt or graham cracker crumbs (the latter really drives home that key lime pie experience).
- Fill the glasses with ice and then pour over the margarita mixture. Garnish with a key lime wedge and serve immediately.
If you can find the bottled key lime juice, it works great here. Fresh is also great, although squeezing juice out of key limes can be a pain. You can also sub in regular lime juice.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: cocktails
Keywords: key lime pie margaritas, key lime margarita, key lime pie cocktail