This Strawberry Grilled Chicken Salad is a taste of summer in every bite! A strawberry marinade that doubles as a dressing gives the grilled chicken a fruity-tangy bite. Paired with lots of fresh veg, juicy strawberries, toasty nuts, and tangy feta cheese – it’s a flavor-packed summer experience!
For the Marinade/Dressing:
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 1 shallot, minced (or 2 tablespoons red onion)
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Salad:
- 1 lb chicken breasts or tenders
- 8 cups mixed greens (or any salad green you prefer)
- 1 cup sliced or diced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup pickled red onions (or raw red onions)
- 1/2 cup toasted marcona almonds or pistachios
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (goat cheese or blue cheese would also be great here)
For the Marinade/Dressing:
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth, thickened, and emulsified.
- Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Pour half the marinade into a measuring cup and set aside to use for dressing the salad.
For the Chicken:
- Place the chicken in a baking dish and season well with salt and pepper.
- Pour over the remaining half of the marinade. Toss to coat and then cover the baking dish. Marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours (or up to overnight).
- When you are ready to cook the chicken, remove it from the fridge to sit at room temperature while you preheat your grill to medium-high. Oil your grill grates (this important – the natural sugars in the marinade can make the chicken stick otherwise).
- Cook for 2 minutes on one side, brush liberally with the residual marinade, and then cook for another 2 minutes on the other side. Continue to brush and flip the chicken until completely cooked through, about 8-10 minutes total (depending on the size of your chicken pieces).
- Remove the chicken from the grill, tent with foil, and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before thinly slicing.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the greens, strawberries, cucumbers, onions, and nuts.
- Add the sliced chicken and a few tablespoons of the reserved dressing. Toss the salad well to combine and coat in the dressing, adding more if you prefer. Season the salad with a little salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle in the crumbled feta, divide between serving dishes, and serve.
- Prep Time: 2 hours (inactive marinating time)
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: salads
Keywords: strawberry grilled chicken, strawberry grilled chicken salad, strawberry chicken marinade, summer salad meals, strawberry chicken salad