These Crispy Halloumi & Peach Toasts are the perfect summer appetizer and couldn’t be simpler to throw together! Grilled bread is topped with pan-seared halloumi cheese, juicy summer peaches, hot honey, chopped pistachios, and a sprinkling of flaky sea salt. The flavor and varying textures going on here is a mind-blowing experience! A must try.
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 8 oz halloumi cheese, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 ripe peaches, pitted and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons hot honey (this is my favorite)
- 3 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- Flaky sea salt
- Grilled sourdough bread (roughly 8 pieces)
For the Halloumi:
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil. Pat the cheese slices dry and then add them, in batches, to the oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden and crispy.
- Remove the cheese from the pan and set on paper towels to drain off any excess grease.
- Continue until all the cheese slices have been crisped.
- I like to grill my bread, but you can toast in an oven instead. Whatever you prefer. I drizzle my sourdough slices with oil and sprinkle with salt and then add to a hot grill for a few minutes per side, until toasty and charred in spots.
- Top each piece of grilled sourdough with a slice of the crispy cheese, a few slices of peach, a drizzle of hot honey, a sprinkle of sea salt, and some chopped pistachios. Serve while the bread and cheese are still warm.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: appetizers
Keywords: Crispy Halloumi & Peach Toasts, peach and halloumi crostini, peach and halloumi toast, seared halloumi and peach crostini