These Green Chile Chicken Skillet Enchiladas are a one-pan wonder that take all the fuss out of classic enchiladas. Simple, quick comfort food that tastes like you cooked it all day long. That is what I call a weeknight win!
- 2 teaspoons avocado or olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 (4-oz) can diced green chiles
- 1 (8-oz) can or package of green enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (I like 2%)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar, jack, or pepper jack cheese (or a combo of these)
- Avocado slices (or guacamole)
- Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- Hot sauce
- Sliced jalapenos
- Red onion
- Lime wedges
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large oven-safe skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion, jalapeno, and garlic and saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the ground chicken and spices and stir to break up the chicken. Cook, stirring frequently, for another 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the diced green chiles, enchilada sauce, yogurt, and lime juice until well combined and smooth.
- Pour the enchilada sauce mixture into the pan, along with ⅓ cup water, and stir to combine.
- Stir in the tortilla strips until they are evenly coated in the sauce and all the ingredients are well combined. Carefully taste the mixture and adjust the seasoning, as needed (more salt, pepper, etc).
- Top the mixture with the cheese and transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly around the edges.
- Serve immediately while hot, garnished however you prefer.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: enchiladas
Keywords: Green Chile Chicken Skillet Enchiladas, skillet enchiladas, one-pan enchiladas, green chile chicken enchiladas, skillet chicken enchiladas