This Maple Bourbon Cranberry Sauce is simply the best! Maple syrup, bourbon, fresh orange and cinnamon make this one of the most fragrant and delicious versions of homemade cranberry sauce you can imagine. It is the perfect accompaniment to that turkey!
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Zest of 1 orange
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and place over medium heat.
- Stirring occasionally, bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the berries have popped and softened and the liquid has thickened.
- Taste, and adjust the seasoning as needed. Serve warm or at room temperature. The sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
- While the bourbon adds delicious and distinct flavor to this sauce, you can leave it out if you prefer. Sub in an additional ¼ cup water or additional fresh orange juice instead.
- This recipe can be made up to a week ahead of time – in fact, I recommend making it ahead! The flavors will keep getting better. If making ahead, cool completely and then store in a well-sealed container in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: sauces
Keywords: maple bourbon cranberry sauce, easy homemade maple cranberry sauce, bourbon cranberry sauce, homemade cranberry sauce